Thursday, January 13, 2011

Night Work

Progress is slow at night when you have to turn exhaust manifold bolts with a wrench 1/2 turn at a time.Although I did ok today I removed the front exhaust manifold,fans,coil packs ,crossover pipe,egr and few misc things.I am removing everything off the block as I need the heads up the block will be scrapped as that's where the damage is(Bad connecting rod bearings,possible bad rod and crank etc).The block on these 3800 motors is pretty small though.It looks small enough to just pull it right out by hand lol.Actually about 15 years ago me and two buddies dropped a 350 into 78 Camaro with chains and a 2x4.We just put it on our shoulders and walked it over and plopped it in hehe.(Ah to be that young again.)

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I'll come home and find you pinned under the car by a motor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably oh well just bury me at sea.

    ReplyDelete